[ModLib] PLAYS OF OSCAR WILDE 83.2 QUESTIONS

jwolansky1 at verizon.net jwolansky1 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 21 08:12:45 EDT 2018

I noted an offered "1st" Modern Library edition of this volume on eBay at
what appears to be a highly inflated opening price of $196.50.  Since I am
about to offer a copy on eBay this Sunday, I checked my copy and Scott's
site.  The offer refers to "New Modern Library Edition" on the copyright
page.  The book notes section on Scott's site indicates this is a first
pointer.  My copy dates to fall 1938 based on both the jacket total, jacket
detail, and rear of book detail and includes the "New" blurb on the
copyright page.

Should this title be included on Scott's site in the False Firsts list since
the "New" slug seems to be retained?