[ModLib] QUESTION RE: ML 172.1 PROUST WITHIN A BUDDING GROVE

jpetersonlhi at frontier.com jpetersonlhi at frontier.com
Sun Sep 25 01:27:56 EDT 2016

John,

My copy is the same in every respect as yours: Stated First, 175 on back, no total at the top of the inverse, but a total of 171 titles listed, including Chaucer but not Hemingway, and the book list has Hemingway but not Goethe.  I don't think we have a mismatch, but maybe a DJ printed late in '29, before the first edition of the book was ready.

John Peterson