[ModLib] MLCE Hardback

john peterson jpetersonlhi at frontier.com
Sun Jan 31 17:48:49 EST 2016

Just to mention a MLCE curiosity that I think I shared on the ML List Serve a few years ago.  It is evidently a special binding for the New York City Board of Education, by a company that specializes in turning paperbacks into hardbacks.  It’s most like Style Tc2, but with no Fujita Torchbearer, SBN or T#.  Title Page has the Fujita Torchbearer, and the back of the rigid, shiny cover has the “Perma-Bound” logo. The binding also looks to be fortified.  It’s in very good shape after 45 years or so.

I’m not sure how many, if any, other MLCE titles received this treatment.  But googling “Perma-Bound” and “Modern Library” showed that Perma-Bound International currently offers many Perma-Bound “Modern Library Classics” titles (copper colored ML paperbacks from the 2000’s) on its website.

John Peterson