[ModLib] Identifying False Firsts

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Tue Dec 13 16:34:35 EST 2016

We’ve long known about several titles that have kept their First Edition slugs beyond the initial printings. Most notorious among these are Thurber’s The Thurber Carnival <http://www.modernlib.com/authors/tAuthors/ThurberJackets.html#085.3> and Bememmans’s My War With The United States <http://www.modernlib.com/authors/bAuthors/bemelmansJackets.html#175.2>. Now there’s an article that lists these pesky anomalies along with points that let you separate the false from the real.

The new article, False Firsts, is here: http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/FalseFirsts.html <http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/FalseFirsts.html>.

The list may be incomplete. If you know of other titles that belong here, please let us know <mailto:scot.kamins at icloud.com>.

As a reminder, the complementary article, Stalking the Unmarked First, is here: http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/hiddenFirsts.html <http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/hiddenFirsts.html>

Scot and Ron

People today would starve the eagles to save the hares -- Jack Donovan