[ModLib] Olde Boswell Life of Johnson

John Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Tue Apr 19 05:58:11 EDT 2016

All,

book binding material is different; regular cloth binding (not the balloon
cloth used on early ML Giants). Front is stamped with the ML logo.

The DJ is modified from the US versions - Bodley Head on the spine, different
back DJ cover (with a 5s price), the DJ flaps are also different, and a list of UK
Giants on the back DJ flap. Back of DJ is blank.

John Lane/Bodley Head is on the title page in the book, otherwise the pages
look the same.

John K.

> On Apr 17, 2016, at 11:17 AM, John Wolansky <johnwolansky at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> Bill,
>
> Here is a link to the page on Scott’s site that has some background and photos on the British editions if you have not seen it.  I have been collecting ML seriously for seventeen years and have found only two in my searching.  And that covers bookstores from DE and MD through PA, NJ, NY and through New England to Maine.  I would certainly love to find a few British Giants from the 1930’s.  More than that I can’t add, but perhaps others can add something more.
>
> http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/britJW/britClink.html <http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/britJW/britClink.html>
>
> John

j   b   k r y g i e r

o h i o   w e s l e y a n   u n i v e r s i t y
g e o l o g y   a n d   g e o g r a p h y
e n v i r o n m e n t a l  s t u d i e s
d e l a w a r e   o h   4 3 0 1 5

pho  740 368 3622 | fax  740 368 3999 | jbkrygier at owu.edu
makingmaps.net  |  krygier.owu.edu  |  makingmaps.owu.edu