[ModLib] QUETION RE: PROUST, WITHIN A BUDDING GROVE FIRST POINTERS

John Wolansky johnwolansky at verizon.net
Wed Oct 7 08:40:03 EDT 2015

Toledano indicates the first jacket of this title has 170 titles.

Scott's book notes indicates Barry has a fall 1929 list on the jacket
inverse but a spring 1930 list at the end of the book and the inverse list
having 170 titles for the first.

I have a stated "First Modern Library 1930" edition with the requisite book
and jacket listings noted above.  My issue is the back panel of my jacket
refers to 175 titles.

Would there have been a spring 1929 with 170 titles referred to as well as
the one I have with 175 titles?  Do I have a correct 1st jacket?  Was the
170 titles in Toledano and Scott's notes determined by a an actual count?

Barry, what say ye'?

JWOL