[ModLib] 1920's Buckrams

John Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Tue Nov 24 16:24:39 EST 2015

It makes sense that the ML issued the buckram bindings due to the popularity of
the ELs in buckram, as Terry noted. Dutton would have been selling those in the
US.

As for ELs and MLs in 1920s bookstores: keep in mind that the EL had significantly
more classical and traditional literature, philosophy, science, etc. and the ML had
much more “modern” literature. There is some overlap, but not as much as one
might think. Thus you may not have the choice between the same title in both
series in a store in 1920 - but instead different titles, uniquely offered by either
series.

John K.