[ModLib] 1920's Buckrams

Brian LeMasters brianlemasters at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 10:30:49 EST 2015

Good Morning, all,
Please examine the attached photo for a treatment of Ibsen.
On the left, Wild Duck and Other Plays, ML 307.1, no date - about 1964. A
Modern Library "Regular Buckram" binding, style B1.

In the Middle, Peer Gynt, EL 747, 1934 printing.  An Everyman's Library
"Later Library" Binding in wrapper.

On the right, Plays, ML 6.1, Fall 1928 printing.  A Modern Library "20's
Buckram" binding.

By comparison to other library bindings, I would say the "20's Buckram" is
properly identified as a binding meant for library use.  I wonder if
bookstores during the 20's displayed MLs and ELs near to each other?  Which
would you choose?

Best,
Brian