[ModLib] 1920's Buckrams

John Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Tue Nov 24 07:16:37 EST 2015

A few of the EL 1920s-30s library bindings are illustrated on this page (just a bit down
from the top) of the EL Collecting site:

http://www.everymanslibrarycollecting.com/bindings.html <http://www.everymanslibrarycollecting.com/bindings.html>

They came with jackets, and those are illustrated about 1/4 of the way down on this page:

http://www.everymanslibrarycollecting.com/jackets.html

The bindings are very sturdy. I have one copy that indicates “Special Library Binding” on
the dust jacket.

I have not seen a alleged early ML library binding in person so difficult to compare!

If Terry S. is lurking here he may have more to say.

John K.

--
j   b   k r y g i e r

o h i o   w e s l e y a n   u n i v e r s i t y
g e o l o g y   a n d   g e o g r a p h y
e n v i r o n m e n t a l  s t u d i e s
d e l a w a r e   o h   4 3 0 1 5

pho  740 368 3622 | fax  740 368 3999 | jbkrygier at owu.edu
makingmaps.net  |  krygier.owu.edu  |  makingmaps.owu.edu