[ModLib] 1920's Buckrams

Brian LeMasters brianlemasters at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 09:21:14 EST 2015

John and fellow collectors,
I also have a few of these bindings (11).  More evidence to discuss is the
Bernhard endpapers vs blank endpapers and the lack of a reinforcement strip
of some kind.  It would be educational to see a deconstructed 20's buckram,
but I will not volunteer any of mine.  My binding experience is limited to
internet videos, but Bernhard endpapers and no additional step to insert
the strips after the first signature suggests the normal binding process.
Is there advertising or catalog listings or any publishing info from 1928
to introduce these bindings?  Can transitional bindings be traced to one
bindery and records be located?
All of the ones I have are listed on the Buckram's Seen page on the website.
Brian