[ModLib] BENJAMIN FRANKLIN'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Mon Mar 23 12:29:07 EDT 2015

After the Illustrated Modern Library was discontinued, unbound copies of  IML titles (folded and sewn, usually with IML endpapers) were bound in regular ML bindings and sold with the regular series.  My guess is that your copy of the IML Franklin in the regular ML binding has the dark green illustrated endpapers that were used with IML printings.  It would be interesting to know how many IML titles are known to exist  in regular ML bindings -- examples in my collection are the Longfellow and Whitman.