[ModLib] BENJAMIN FRANKLIN'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY

DAVID ROHDE davidfrohde at HUGHES.NET
Mon Mar 23 10:30:33 EDT 2015

Hello, Everyone
And once again, that you all for “being there” to offer information, clarificaton, etc. to others.

In my collection, I have the following copies of the subject book

		Intro by Commager, Binding 8, DJ h, $0.95, 309 (listed on reverse of dj)
		Intro by Commager, Binding 8, DJ h, $0.95, 309 (listed on reverse of dj)
		Intro by Commager, Binding 8, DJ h, $1.65, 380 (listed on reverse of dj) (Under Commager’s name:“Professor of American History, Columbia University”)

		Intro by Commager, Illustrations by Benton, Binding 8, DJ h, $1.25, 334 (listed on reverse of dj) On title page, at the bottom is “The Illustrated Modern Library”

		Intro by Commager, Illustrations by Benton, per the below.

 <http://modernlib.com/authors/fAuthors/FranklinJackets.html>
 <http://modernlib.com/authors/fAuthors/FranklinJackets.html>
				w/o Acetate

My question is this:  What is the history, etc., of the 4th entry above?  The book is Binding style 8, identified as Illustrated, but not per the Illustrated format.

Henry Toledano (1917-2000) shows under REG EDITIONS, Franklin’s book, as 39.2* (Goodman & ed.)  All of my Reg Ed’s don’t show Goodman.

In Summary, I hope I have accessed all of the data on http://modernlib.com <http://modernlib.com/>.  I am unable to find explanations for the above.