[ModLib] Interesting PBW Jacket (Plato)

Ron Holl ron at scribblemonger.com
Thu Feb 26 09:43:45 EST 2015

Hi John,

A woodcut with an ISBN-13!  Plus a print run that shows this was the fifth
printing.

The PBWs and woodcuts I have looked at (quite limited, at around 20
copies) have the ISBN-10 on the copyright page.  Do these have the 10
digit retained, removed, or changed to ISBN-13?

When you say different book lists on the back flap, do you mean the inside
of the jacket rather than the flap?

Do you really have Plato's Republic in a PBW?  All I am aware of is:

Plato / Republic: Woodcut, Fall 1982
Plato / Works: PBW, Spring 1977

Does the Plato PBW have a book list?  I've never seen a PBW with a list.

There sure are a lot of interesting things here.

Also, I wonder if we should keep track of PBW/Woodcut titles with ISBN-13
and barcodes.  We could create p and q subtypes to track them.

Thanks!

ron