[ModLib] New Veblen Variation Discovered -- new Tole# assigned

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Feb 18 18:15:36 EST 2015

Folks,

Tole# 063.3 has been assigned to Veblen’s Theory of the Leisure Class (http://www.modernlib.com/authors/vAuthors/VeblenJackets.html <http://www.modernlib.com/authors/vAuthors/VeblenJackets.html>). Bill Horlick discovered these points, attributable apparently to all copies beginning in Binding #13 in 1967:

•  In 063.2 the author's bio note is one and a half pages long and appears in the very front of the book in #8.
   In 063.3 there is a different, shorter author's bio note and it appears at the very end of the book.

• In 063.2 there is an eleven-item bibliography after the bio note.
  In 063.3 there is no bibliography.

•  063.2 has 404 pages
   063.3 has 296.

•  In 063.2 the author's Preface appears before the Table of Contents.
   In 063.3 the author's Preface appears after the Table of Contents.

•  In 063.2 the Chase Foreword appears after the Table of Contents.
    In 063.3 the Chase Foreword appears before the Table of Contents.

Thanks, Bill, for discovering a new collectable variety.
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. -- Siddhartha Gautama