[ModLib] Chaucer pictorial jacket on balloon cloth binding?

John Wolansky johnwolansky at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 18:02:29 EST 2015

I have two in balloon cloth:

245

Bernhard

	fll

1936

7Df

257

Illustrated

	spr

1938

7Dg

John

-----Original Message-----
From: modlib-bounces at thuban.owu.edu [mailto:modlib-bounces at thuban.owu.edu]
On Behalf Of Gordon Barrick Neavill
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 1:10 PM
To: For collectors of Modern Library books
Subject: [ModLib] Chaucer pictorial jacket on balloon cloth binding?

Modernlib.com shows two jackets for Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, giving the
dates for the pictorial jacket as 1938-1970.  This indicates that it was
used on at least one late printing in the balloon cloth format.  I've never
seen a copy of the  smaller version of the jacket on a balloon cloth
binding.  If anyone has this I'd like to establish its date based on the ML
list inside the jacket and possibly get a scan or photocopy of the jacket.

Thanks very much!

Gordon B. Neavill

Associate Professor

School of Library and Information Science Wayne State University

106 Kresge Library

Detroit, MI 48202

313-577-0507; 313-577-7563 (fax)

 <mailto:ModLib at thuban.owu.edu> ModLib at thuban.owu.edu