[ModLib] Chaucer pictorial jacket on balloon cloth binding?

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Mon Feb 16 13:10:14 EST 2015

Modernlib.com shows two jackets for Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, giving the dates for the pictorial jacket as 1938-1970.  This indicates that it was used on at least one late printing in the balloon cloth format.  I've never seen a copy of the  smaller version of the jacket on a balloon cloth binding.  If anyone has this I'd like to establish its date based on the ML list inside the jacket and possibly get a scan or photocopy of the jacket.

Thanks very much!

Gordon B. Neavill
Associate Professor
Wayne State University