[ModLib] Sons and Lovers: 109.1

Roger Lathbury lathbury at gmu.edu
Sat Sep 20 20:59:45 EDT 2014

I know that Mitchell Kennerly first published Sons and Lovers in New York and that later Seltzer became Lawrence's publisher (at least by the time of Women in Love (1920). I suspect that the later Modern Library reflects the change of publisher from Kennerly to Seltzer. Kennerly may have sold the copyright to Seltzer.

Lawrence's books appeared under a number of different imprints. B. W. Heubsch in New York put out The Rainbow, which appeared between Sons and Lovers and Women in Love..

Roger Lathbury