[ModLib] ML Giant Tennyson G42

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Tue Oct 28 13:26:36 EDT 2014

Dear Professor,

I can tell you that there were no book club editions of Modern Library books for the period you ask about. As to the lack of price on the DJ, I know that it happened but I don’t know why.

I’ve forwarded your question to the Modern Library mailing list. Maybe we’ll get an answer from it.

Regards,
Scot Kamins

> On Oct 28, 2014, at 9:48 AM, John DeForest <brothertownbooks at brothertownbooks.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Mr. Kamins,
>
> I have in front of me a very nice copy of The Poems and Plays of Tennyson - Modern Library Giant G-42. The dust jacket is complete and unclipped. There is no printed price. This leads me to question 1) Whether the Modern Library ever issued dust-jackets without prices; and 2) If they did, was this because there was an arrangement by Modern Library with a book club. or was it just an occasional thing?  This is a question I have been trying to find closure on for some time. I have not been able to find any discussions about  the integration of publisher's prices on ML Giant dust jackets. So now, I chance an imposition on your time.
>
> I appreciate all the hard work you have effected with regard to the Modern Library and hope that you have an answer to my question. Kind regards, John DeForest, AKA Professor Booknoodle

No "being." Just process.