[ModLib] Anyone for a swap?

Toby Levy tobyglevy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:02:01 EST 2014

Folks,

As a modern library collector for over 35 years, I am ashamed to admit that
I have let my vigilance slacken, and over the past few years I have allowed
myself to purchase later editions of titles that I already own. I
discovered this when I was forced to take inventory of my collection after
my hard drive crashed and the only database I had backed up was far from
current.

Since my goal is always to find the earliest printing of each title, I have
no use for the following books:

James Thurber, The Thurber Carnival, 1994 Modern Library Edition with
Thurber's self-caricature on the dust jacket.
Selected Stories of Eudora Welty, 1992 Modern Library Edition with Welty's
photograph on the dust jacket.
Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man, The Commemorative Edition, 1994 Modern
Library Edition with Ellison's photograph on the dust jacket.
Balzac, Lost Illusions, "First Modern Library Edition 1985 printing with a
woodcut of Balzac on the dust jacket.

The above are all in beautiful condition.

Dostoyevsky, The Possessed, with the O'Toole dust jacket. The dust jacket
is a little scuffed.
Best American Humorous Short Stories, 19445 edition. An ex-library book in
pretty good shape.
Spaeth, A Guide to Graet Orchestral Music from 1943. No dust Jacket.

I would like to swap with other collectors.  There are still about 200
titles I don't have in my collection, so chances are you could have
something I could use.  Contact me privately if you find this at all
interesting.

Many thanks,
Toby Levy