[ModLib] Painting on the Jacket for Alcott

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Fri May 16 22:29:39 EDT 2014

In my chapter for 1950, which I'm about to submit to the University of Virginia, I state, "The illustration on the jacket of Little Women is unsigned but is almost certainly one of the color illustrations Jousset made for the Illustrated Modern Library." The title page identifies Jousset as the illustrator, but of course the illustrations in regular ML edition are black and white line drawings.