[ModLib] Painting on the Jacket for Alcott

Roger Lathbury lathbury at gmu.edu
Fri May 16 14:56:55 EDT 2014

Dear John K:

Did the dust jacket say who made that painting for Little Women? It evokes, for me, not so much the book as a cosmeticized Normal Rockwell, who is also a cosmeticized Norman Rockwell. I'd be curious to know the name of the artist. The placing and figures, the treatment of the light, and the expressions recall something I've seen (maybe it's a NR picture?). I cannot think whom.

Thanks.

Roger Lathbury