[ModLib] Alcoa special printing

Bill Hornick willthemad at aol.com
Mon May 5 18:51:00 EDT 2014

Dear ML Community,

Scot Kamins suggested that I send this inquiry to the ML Community since he had no other information concerning the Alcoa special printing than that already listed on the ML website as provided by John Peterson years ago.

I recently acquired fine copies in near fine DJs in the excellent original cloth-covered box.  As I add these copies to my inventory I would like to know the following:
1. Does anyone know the date of this special printing (other than the 1967-68 general dates of their spine #13 bindings)?
2. Does anyone know how many copies were printed?  Just how rare is the boxed set?
3. Does anyone other than John Peterson (and me) have copies?
4. For what occasion were the books printed?
5. What exactly is the material of the silver endpapers?  Is it actually aluminum?
Any additional information would also be appreciated.

I thank you in advance for any and all responses,
Bill Hornick