[ModLib] LUST FOR LIFE -THE NOVEL OF VINCENT VAN GOGH - SPINE 7 w/ Blank End Papers

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Fri Mar 21 23:44:07 EDT 2014

The endpaper was blank because Kent's endpapers had been designed 6-1/2 inch trim size of most balloon cloth titles, and Lust for Life was 7 inches. The first printings of the first two titles in the Blumenthal binding -- Fineman's Hear Ye Sons and Fielding's Joseph Andrews -- also had blank endpapers.  Rockwell Kent had to create a larger version of his endpaper for the 7" format, and that didn't happen overnight.