[ModLib] Possible new variation on 224.1 uncovered

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Wed Jun 25 22:49:52 EDT 2014

Scot,

The spring 1952 first printing lacks the list of authoritative editions and selective bibliography lists 16 titles.

Another variant is that by fall 1958 the jacket was being printed on coated white paper.

The earliest printing I've seen with the list of authoritative editions and the expanded selected bibliography is fall 1966. The reset title page drops the hyphen from Eighteenth-Century, and the book is printed by offset lithography instead of letterpress.