[ModLib] G64.1 Moby Dick

Chad Bernu skinnygypsy at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 01:44:38 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,
So, today I got myself a G64.1 Moby Dick stated "First Modern Library Giant Edition 1944" with a DJ listing 299 titles. The thing is, it's in a G4 binding with SILVER gilt - I've attached a photo. My question is: has anyone else seen silver gilt on any other G4 binding? Or, was it maybe aesthetics - the book is bound in ocean blue boards, with a sky-blue top stain and bands, and "white" gilt - maybe for the "White Whale"? Or, have I just been spending too much time looking at it?

As a side note on silver gilding on the G3 bindings: I've narrowed it down to G24.1, G25.1, or G26.1 as being the last Giant first issued in a gold gilt G3 binding. Does this sound about right? Can anyone narrow it down further?

Thanks,
Chad Bernu