[ModLib] Dating of Casterbridge DJs

John Ireland jireland at niu.edu
Fri Jun 6 10:33:20 EDT 2014

388 titles: white

John Ireland

>>> Scot Kamins <kamins at modernlib.com> 06/05/14 6:12 PM >>>
Folks,

Bill Hornick submitted a new DJ for Hardy's Mayor of Casterbridge (dated Fall of 1947). It differs from the one on the website currently dated 1948-1966 in the blue coloring of the buildings. (The one dated 1948-1966 has white buildings.)

http://www.modernlib.com/authors/hAuthors/HardyJackets.html

This brings into question all the dates for the  1948-1966 one. So I'm asking everybody to look at his/her copy of this title in blumenthal bindings (the 7.25" tall ones) and to report the DJ dates. I'm looking for ALL copies dated 1939 - 1967.

Thanks much,

This too will pass.