[ModLib] Dating of Casterbridge DJs

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Fri Jun 6 09:08:22 EDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

From: "Scot Kamins" <kamins at modernlib.com>
To: "For collectors of Modern Library books" <modlib at thuban.owu.edu>
Sent: Friday, June 6, 2014 12:55:19 AM
Subject: Re: [ModLib] Dating of Casterbridge DJs

Thanks Chad

On Jun 5, 2014, at 5:26 PM, Chad Bernu wrote:

1957 white buildings
Chad

On Jun 5, 2014, at 6:10 PM, Scot Kamins < kamins at modernlib.com > wrote:

Folks,

Bill Hornick submitted a new DJ for Hardy's Mayor of Casterbridge (dated Fall of 1947). It differs from the one on the website currently dated 1948-1966 in the blue coloring of the buildings. (The one dated 1948-1966 has white buildings.)

http://www.modernlib.com/authors/hAuthors/HardyJackets.html

This brings into question all the dates for the  1948-1966 one. So I'm asking everybody to look at his/her copy of this title in blumenthal bindings (the 7.25" tall ones) and to report the DJ dates. I'm looking for ALL copies dated 1939 - 1967.

Thanks much,

This too will pass.

It's not what happens to us that causes suffering — it's how we react to it.