[ModLib] Question for the Experts

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Wed Jun 4 09:00:09 EDT 2014

I have two copies of The Works of Plato with the Fujita dj with the front panel in brown with lettering in green and black. The first has spine 12 and Kent endpapers in tan, with a late version of the Kent torchbearer with a short flame on the title page. The second has spine 13, plain white endpapers, and a title page with the Fujita torchbearer enclosed in a frame.

Both of my jackets have spine panels in light greenish blue with the Fujita torchbearer (long flame trailing over the runner's head) .

I've always wondered if the color of the spine panels was original or the result of fading. One is more bluish green than greenish blue. Does anyone have a jacket with the spine panel in the strong green of the front panel of the dj or the brown of the front panel?