[ModLib] Assumptions about woodcuts & plain brown wrapper editions

Ron Holl ron at scribblemonger.com
Wed Jul 23 16:39:25 EDT 2014

Continued on #3, maybe #4:

On the inside of a Wild Palms woodcut jacket is a list of MLs, most of
which are PBWs (along with the partial SBN).  Wild Palms was released in
1984, and this jacket with a $14.95 price is obviously later than that.

All the woodcuts (except the BCE Middlemarch) had book lists inside the
jacket:

"- List of Modern Library titles inside the jacket.  Titles are grouped by
regular, giant, and anthology.  Within each group, titles are ordered by
author last name (anthologies by title).  Each title entry is started with
the last 6 digits of the ISBN."

ron