[ModLib] Assumptions about woodcuts & plain brown wrapper editions

Ron Holl ron at scribblemonger.com
Wed Jul 23 15:51:33 EDT 2014

Scot,

Referring to #3:

My first ML (purchased 15 or more years before I started collecting MLs)
was Poe / Complete Tales in the PBW.  I bought it new at a B&N in 1987 or
1988.  Maybe 1989.  Could have been as late as 1991, but no earlier than
1987.  It does not have a remainder mark, but was discounted (on sale).

The PBW and woodcuts are probably not different than the classical titles.
 The end date we use is when the title left the catalog.  Last titles for
each T# in the classical period get 1970 unless we see evidence of a later
catalog listing, but the ones marked 1970 were probably available for sale
at a later date.

ron