[ModLib] Miller: Tropic of Cancer

Bill Hornick willthemad at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 15:31:00 EDT 2014

Scot,

Most book prices doubled or more in the early and mid-1980s during the Reagan administration's new tax laws that stopped publishers from writing off the value of their unsold inventories.  The only way to guarantee covering already-incurred printing and publication costs was to increase the price of books...greatly.  That legacy remains.

Bill