[ModLib] 28.1 Buckram

Brian LeMasters brianlemasters at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 16:26:25 EDT 2014

Bill,
I have noted two buckram bound styles of G28.1:
1.  Green, black spine contrast with no oval or torchbearer.  See pic
below captured from the internet.
2.  Brown, burgundy spine contrast with all the usual attributes of the
BG1(d), dated Spring 1964 by the list of Giants catalog at rear of
text.  See other pic from my shelves.
I cannot give an educated guess at this time concerning the cause of
variation #1, although has been the only instance I have seen a lack of
oval, torchbearer and contrast (together) on any buckram giant binding.
However, I do not have every buckram yet and they continue to turn up.

Brian