[ModLib] Hemingway G59.1

Art Marshall amarshall at berrydunn.com
Fri Jul 11 09:41:05 EDT 2014

The DJ on my copy of G59.1 matches the Gd jacket with 281 titles on the inside and 284 on the back jacket flap. The price was $1.45.

One interesting note is the original owner's name and the words "Christmas, 1942" inscribed inside the book. It appears that this might have been a Christmas gift to himself. Clearly purchased in late, 1942.

Ironically, I am currently reading the Book Thief by Australian author Markus Zusak. In that same year, 1942, the main character, Liesel Meminger, who lives in Germany, has only a few books in her possession, but cherishes each one beyond measure. It makes me think about the incredible luxury of being able to collect literally thousands of books as a hobby in today's world.

I am looking at the books in my collection in a somewhat different light today.

Art