[ModLib] a question about terms..

Ron Holl ron at scribblemonger.com
Sat Jul 5 15:09:16 EDT 2014

Bryan,

Scot and I have been referring to the 1917 - 1974 period as 'classical'
and 1977 onward as 'post-classical'.  Sometimes you'll also see post-197x
(where x may be a 0, 1, 4, 7, &c).

The post-classical material is very very slowly being worked on.  The
Woodcuts (part of the faux 80s) already have a dedicated page with a
complete list and DJ images.  What we don't have yet is a 'gateway' from
ModernLib classical to the post-classical material.

The MLCEs are also being added, and those span both time periods.

Henry does not cover MLCE, but does go up to 2000.

I collect the post-classical titles similar to you, where I'll only pick
up a title if it is not represented in the classical period and is part of
the author photo on DJ series.  Or the Chronicles series.  I also consider
whether or not I'll ever read the book and if not, I might pass on it.

ron