[ModLib] a question about terms..

Chad Bernu skinnygypsy at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 14:25:46 EDT 2014

Bryan,
Toledano has named the later bindings as well - The maroon faux leather w/ Fujita torch bearer is #15. The maroon faux leather w/ wood cut is #16. And, the blind stamped gray cloth is #17. Likewise, the corresponding Giants are G8, G9, and G10. I don't know how to categorize the jackets other than the jackets on the #15 binding were typographical with consistent tan paper but varying type color. And, the tan woodcut jackets being associated with the #16 binding.

I know that others collect the later ML's as well. Myself, I collect firsts (w/ jackets unless they're leatherette) as the titles first appear in the Modern Library series from 1917 on - ignoring later re-introductions. I have a first of nearly every new ML title published after 1970. If you are interested I could probably come up with a list. Someone else may already have - but I don't know where it is.
Chad Bernu