[ModLib] a question about terms..

Bryan Tinkle tinkinc85 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 13:35:11 EDT 2014

I am wondering how everyone else refers to the more "Modern" of the Modern
Library bindings.  I have learned a lot from the Toleando listing and
Scott's website, but how do people refer to the bindings beyond #14?  I
believe there are two distinct "faux 80's" bindings, or rater the same
bindings, but distinct styles of dj?

Then there are the greyish cloth bound versions from the 1990s and 2000s
with the authors' photos on the spines.  Does anyone collect these are are
their sub categories?  Current volumes from around 2009 on seem to have no
uniform look and have lost the "library" appeal.  I have a few of these
just to have a representation.

While I respect Scott's lack of desire to include or collect anything past
binding 14, I am curious how many of you out there do pick them up.  FWIW,
I attempt to only pick up those with the photo covers that were not
originally available in an earlier binding.  I am still looking for Gore
Vidal's series as that is one of my favorite sets of books and I have them
all in earlier Random House editions, but it would be great to move them to
the Modern Library shelves..

cheers
Bryan