[ModLib] Illustrated MLs that were not ML Illustrated Editions

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Sun Feb 23 17:18:55 EST 2014

Folks,

Just received a nice note from ML collector Drew Asson. He says in part:

I have an illustrated ML edition that I couldn't find listed on your site.  Your site lists the regular edition but not in its illustrated version.  I do not have a dust jacket.  The information is:

Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck (#216)
Binding #14, dark blue color
Endpaper design by Sadamitsu Neil Fujita, green color
Illustrated by Ruth Gannett

(The illustrations appear in all Tortilla Flat printings as far as I can tell.) This brings up a great topic for a new ML article -- ML titles that had illustrations in them but that were NOT part of the ML series of illustrated editions!

How about sending me other titles with illustrations that were not part of the formal illustrated editions ( http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/IllustratedNotes.html and http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/illustrated.html )including  the name of the illustrator if known  and I'll whip up a new article for the website?

Thanks all,

Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past. -- Lily Tomlin