[ModLib] Style 8 spine data configuration (T#3.4)

Bill Hornick willthemad at aol.com
Thu Feb 13 19:15:55 EST 2014

Ron,

Here is my list of spine #8 titles printed vertically on the book's spine:

263.1    Augustine: The Confessions of St. Augustine
226.1    Boethius et al.: The Consolation of Philosophy
241.1    Burk: The Life and Works of Beethoven (241.2 probably is, too)
   3.2    Cellini: Autobiography of B. Cellini
150.3    Cellini: Autobiography of B. Cellini (number change)
239.1    Fast: The Unvanquished
 39.2    Franklin: The Autobiography of B. Franklin
 39.3    Franklin: The Autobiography of B. Franklin
 96.3    Freud: The Interpretation of Dreams
 77.2    Louys: Aphrodite
 74.2    Morley: Human Being
190.1    Morley: Parnassus on Wheels
191.3    Nash: Selected Verse of Ogden Nash
237.1    Parker: The Collected Poetry of Dorothy Parker
123.4    Parker: The Collected Stories of Dorothy Parker
 92.3    Saroyan: The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze
 52.2    Schopenhauer: The Philosophy of Schopenhauer
  1.4    Shakespeare: The Tragedies of Shakespeare, Vol I
  1.5a    Shakespeare: The Tragedies of Shakespeare, Vol II
  2.5    Shakespeare: The Comedies of Shakespeare, Vol I
  2.6a    Shakespeare: The Comedies of Shakespeare, Vol II
  3.4    Shakespeare: The Histories of Shakespeare, Vol I
  3.5a    Shakespeare: The Histories and Poems of Shakespeare, Vol II
  4.5    Shakespeare: The Comedies of Shakespeare, Vol I (number change)
  5.4    Shakespeare: The Comedies of Shakespeare, Vol II (number change)
  7.3    Shakespeare: The Histories and Poems of Shakespeare, Vol II (number change; vol I probably also is vertical)
 29.2    Steinbeck: Of Mice and Men
162.3    Twain: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
105.1    Van Loon: Ancient Man
 81.3    Ward: Oracles of Nostradamus

That makes thirty.  I may have missed entering some as having vertical titles once I learned that such a configuration did not constitute a separate binding style.
Also there are thirty-six style #8 titles that I do not have; some may have vertical titles (likely Burk 241.2; Shakespeare 2.7, 3.6, 6.6).

Bill