[ModLib] Style 8 spine data configuration (T#3.4)

Ron Holl ron at scribblemonger.com
Thu Feb 13 16:21:40 EST 2014

Hi David,

The Shakespeare series is rather unique in the 'sideways' (vertical)
printing on the spine for a #8 binding, if that is what you are referring
to.  I don't know of any other titles printed in that orientation, but
there may be.  The length can't be the only reason, if it factored in at
all.  Other long words/names were printed horizontally (normal) like:

Modern Library Dictionary
The Civilization of the Renaissance in Italy  (and this is a relatively
thin book)
Rodgers & Hammerstein

And I've also seen words hyphenated (like Philosophical).

It's a good question... can anyone think of another title written sideways
on a #8 spine?

ron