[ModLib] Anybody got a #14 binding with anything EXCEPT a style o DJ?

Graham, Charles charles.graham at dominican.edu
Tue Feb 11 19:09:32 EST 2014

Hi Ron,
Sorry for the delay.  I am not sure why there is a mysterious reappearance
of the the first edition slug in the #14 binding.  Maybe they meant to say
"the first edition was in 1966."  Did the actual first edition state "First
Modern Library Edition" or (like mine) "First Modern Library Edition,
September 1966"?
In answer to your other questions:

Both title pages are the same design, with the same torchbearer- the back
leg is higher up, as on the spine of a #12 binding.

Both 13 and 14 bindings are as described in The Guide, no variation there.

The o jacket has the SBN but no address on the left.  On the back panel,
the "ml" logo is olive colored, "Modern Fiction" is red.

The n jacket is a typical n genre jacket back with colors that match the
scheme of the front- "ml" logo is olive colored, "Modern Fiction" is red.
It has the address and no SBN.  BUT- the logo on the spine is the same as
those on an m jacket.  On the inside front flap, the logo is a Kent
torchbearer enclosed in a hexagram.

Hope this is not too confusing.
Thanks!
Chuck