[ModLib] Anybody got a #14 binding with anything EXCEPT a style o DJ?

Graham, Charles charles.graham at dominican.edu
Mon Feb 10 11:59:42 EST 2014

I only have a couple of #14 bindings, both are in o dustjackets.  But I ran
across something odd.  I have Heller's "Catch-22" (375) in a #14 binding
(black cover with blue Fujita endpapers) with an o5 dustjacket.  It has a
first edition statement "First Modern Library Edition, September
1966."  According to The Guide, #14 bindings were in use from
1969-70.  Maybe it is a case where the first edition plate was not
removed.  I got it from Joe Hill, so it seems like he would have caught
that.  My "Catch-22" in a #13 binding (in use 1967-68) with n dustjacket
is not a first edition.  Chances are I missed something, just wondering
if the #14 binding "Catch-22" is an actual first.
Happy Monday everyone,
Chuck

Chuck Graham
Mail Services Coordinator