[ModLib] Project to Clarify DJ Dates Underway

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Fri Feb 7 14:34:03 EST 2014

Folks,

Ron & I have been dissatisfied for some time about the way dust jacket date ranges have been displayed.

• Without going into BookNotes, it was impossible to know the the starting & ending dates for a title.
• Either you couldn't tell the start/end date of the title itself, or you were mislead.
• Looking at a date range, it was often difficult to know if the date on the left was the true earliest appearance, and/or if the date on the right was the true latest appearance.
• Without going to the Suspected Missing DJs page (you DID know that such a page existed, didn't you?) it wasn't apparent if in fact we suspected that a DJ type for a given title was missing.
• Sometimes you couldn't tell WHAT was going on.

We are in the midst of updating all date ranges making it  -- we hope -- more clear.  Changes to A & B authors are up. To see what we're doing, go to any A or B author page. Rather than tell you what the changes are and what they might mean, we'd rather you go and check it out yourself.

Please let us know if these changes are or are not apparent, clear, and helpful. It's important that you let us know before we get too far.

We'll be putting up each alphabetic segment (all C authors then all d authors then ...) as we complete them. We expect the project to take 30 - 45 days to complete.

Thanks,

Scot Kamins for Scot & Ron
Aging is not for wimps.