[ModLib] Anybody got a #14 binding with anything EXCEPT a style o DJ?

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Sun Feb 2 13:04:44 EST 2014

Three 7-1/2 inch titles published in February 1969 -- Kafka's The Castle (388), B. Traven's Treasure of Sierra Madre (389), and The Buddhist Tradition (205) appear to be an unreported variant of binding 14: the torchbearer at the head of the spine has a flair that goes to its head but not over it.  The same is true of the torchbearer on the back strips of the jackets. The jacket backs are style O without an ISBN on the back panel.