[ModLib] New Chart: Titles That Changed Numbers

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Fri Apr 25 16:50:26 EDT 2014

We did miss another one besides O. Henry, but it wasn' Treasure Island. That title only came in #4.

We DID miss Buck's The Good Earth! According to the BookNotes: "The Good Earth came out under two numbers, #2 (1934 - 1943) and #15 (1943 - 1970). It surrendered its original number when ML reassigned the number to the first printing of Shakespeare's Comedies."

On Apr 25, 2014, at 6:16 AM, Don Eveland wrote:

> It's late enough in the year that a possibility for a mistake on my part does exist, however, if my memory serves, Treasure Island might also fit in this category.
>
> Sent from my iPad
> Don Eveland
> Human being
> Earth
>
> On Apr 25, 2014, at 6:49 AM, "John Peterson" <jpetersonlhi at frontier.com> wrote:
>
>> What about O. Henry: 4/25?
>>
>> John Peterson

"In America, anyone can become president. It's one of the risks we take." -- Adlai Stevenson