[ModLib] Don Quixote w/Dali 1946 in #8 Green Binding Illustrated Modern Library

Bill Hornick willthemad at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 18:41:49 EDT 2014

Greg,

Thank you for the follow-up.  The copyright date of 1946 doesn't change no matter how many printings ensue.  The only copies that were bound into style #8 binding were from the second printing of 5000.  Thus the accurate description is "First Illustrated Edition, second printing, style #8 binding."  This odd situation occurred for four other titles in the Illustrated editions.  All four were bound into style #8 bindings which ran from 1940 through 1962.

Bill