[ModLib] Don Quixote w/Dali 1946 in #8 Green Binding Illustrated Modern Library

Greg Davis davisgregc at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 19:53:47 EDT 2014

I suspect that every 'modern' edition had a couple of copies that ended up in #8's.  Did Illustrated Modern Library contract for the covers or make them, themselves.  Regardless, the 'custom' covers were expensive(perhaps more than the book blocks), and so, only the exact number needed were produced with extras going to the #8's.

I think you heard a request.  Add the first and second printing of Don Quixote illustrated by Dali, though, I have personally only seen the first printing.