[ModLib] Don Quixote w/Dali 1946 in #8 Green Binding Illustrated Modern Library

Bill Hornick willthemad at aol.com
Sun Apr 6 22:32:03 EDT 2014

Mr. Davis,

A complete answer to your questions can be found at www.modernlib.com.  Go to the Site Index.  Click on Author List.  Click on Cervantes. Click on the small blue box with an "i" in it.  This will bring up several paragraphs about the six editions of the book in Modern Library.  In short, your book is from the second printing (1947) of the Illustrated edition of 1946.  Leftover copies of that later printing were bound in a style #8 binding.  Few copies of this have been reported.

Bill Hornick