[ModLib] Author of Pickwick Papers Preface?

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Tue Nov 26 19:41:10 EST 2013

Oh. Of COURSE it is!  [:: slapping self on forehead ::]  If I had taken the time to READ the preface (which I haven't done since I first read the book) I would have known instantly that it was part of the book itself!!!

Forgive the intrusion. Please resume stuffing your turkeys.

On Nov 26, 2013, at 4:16 PM, Bill Hornick wrote:

> Scot,
> I have the Oxford Illustrated Pickwick Papers which has an introduction by a named author.  The same preface that exists in the ML edition then follows without ascription.  It is logical to assume, especially since the writing style is the same, that Dickens himself is the author of the preface.
> Bill

Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.