[ModLib] Help with Illustrated Don Quixote

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Sun Nov 24 21:35:43 EST 2013

Folk,

Gary Johnson points out this absurdity in the notes for the illustrated Don QUixote:

"The Illustrated edition had two printings. The first printing (fall 1946) was for 15,000 copies and the second in 1947 was for 5,000 copies. On the copyright page the first printing states: "DESIGNED BY GEORGE SALTER. Copyright, 1946, by Random House, Inc. Manufactured in the United States of America. Printed by Parkway Printing Co., and bound by H. Wolff." The second copy has a different final sentence: "Printed by Parkway Printing Co., and bound by H. Wolff."

The idiot who wrote the BookNotes for ModernLib (ahem) obviously misunderstood the real final sentence for the second edition and just duplicated the first. Will someone who has the second edition please let me know what it REALLY is? I can't live with the shame.

Intend no harm —First Buddhist Precept