[ModLib] Odd Date on a Burk DJ

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Thu Nov 14 17:13:57 EST 2013

The discography of phonograph records was dropped in fall 1954. All of the records listed were 78 rpm discs, so the discography was woefully out of date, cosidering that long-playing records had been introduced in 1948. Burk suggested deleting the list in July 1954, and Saxe Commins indicated that it would be removed in subsequent printings.